Let’s accept it, when we hear the word telemarketing, the first thing that comes to our mind is annoying phone calls. Most people are scared of these phone calls because they already have the perception that these phone calls are only made to them to sell products and services that they don’t need and to annoy them which is not always wrong.
If you are into B2B marketing and want to improve your B2B marketing results, you need to make sure that your telemarketing team understands the difference between the B2C appointment setters in California and B2B appointment setters in California. B2B telemarketing refers to the set of services or an additional marketing tool that is done through telephonic calls and initiated by companies to generate leads or to advertise their products and services.
Here are some useful tips that will help you improve your telemarketing results
1. Make sure that your B2B lists are updated and clean
Having an updated and clean B2B marketing data tailored to your business and to the specific campaign is extremely important for the success of your B2B campaign. This is important because if you have recently sold a software upgrade to a client, he would not be happy if you try to sell the same product to him with a discount of 25%.
2. Set your goals and make a clear pipeline
It is important for you to build a clear structure of your campaign and set objectives for each call in order. It definitely needs time and your telemarketing team should understand that a single cold call will not help them crack a deal instantly.
Outsourcing telemarketing requirements or appointment setting services offer multiple benefits to your business.
- Your sales team gets more time to focus on other sales-related activities.
- it makes sure that not a single lead slips through the net
- Saves your time and money on hiring and training employees on telemarketing
4. Give your team the scope to innovate and improvise
- It is better to provide your team with valuable key points that they should mention in each conversation than asking them to stick to a scripted conversation
- Building scripts for each conversation for your caller will lose the personal touch which makes it difficult for him or her to develop a rapport with your prospects
- Make sure that your team members are well aware of the details of the products they are promoting
- Before arranging a face to face meeting with your prospects, ensure that your team has every necessary detail of your prospects
- Besides this, it is also important for you to check if your B2B marketing data contains all this detailed information
6. Don’t let your team act like B2C telemarketers
- Most B2B buyers are interested in attending telemarketing calls as it is their responsibility to secure products for their business. A professional approach to each call is helpful in gaining positive results
- A recent survey on B2B lead generation revealed that 31% consider telemarketing as their most effective lead generation method.
In this global competitive environment, the success of a business to a great extent depends on telemarketing. This is because it is the main source through which businesses get their uninterrupted quality leads that are necessary to maintain profitability.